Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bend Over...Joe

As I realized today that my old roomie's (and one of my best friend's) wedding had really snuck up on me this week, I took a minute to reflect on the awesomeness that was the bachelor party...Now I must preface this tale with the fact that no one was almost arrested as in previous bachelor parties.  But let me kick you a few facts first.  1 Bend OR rental house (bousting that is was a fully equiped mansion on the web).  2 rented minivans.  15 guys ready to celebrate manhood.  Countless bottles of booze...
        On friday when Colin, Chris Isles and I went to pick up the minivans, I started off the tone for the weekend by asking the girl at the rental agency what their "Teen Wolfing" policy was...Sadly, she missed the reference.  We then headed down to get the rest of the crew. 
        Fast forward one long fairly uneventful car ride to arriving in Bend.  We went straight to the store to get food and yes, booze.  The plan was to bbq and rage at the house for the first night...And rage we did.  So much so that around 1 or so in the morning our neighbors decided they were tired of the rowdy crew and our shananigans.  Shortly after Tim and Will finished bobsledding down the stairs in a plastic orange sled from the garage, the manager of the rental properties showed up on our front porch very disgruntled.  After talking to her for about fifteen minutes, Maggot John slammed the door shut and said, "Hmm, Sue wasn't as nice as I had expected."  Well, on with the partying with the music slightly lower than before, only to be put on pause again half an hour later by an apologetic policeman.  He had been sent out by the neighbors too apparently and informed us he was sorry to bother us and that he hoped his visit to the house that night wouldn't taint our trip or view of Bend.  I've never actually had a cop apologize so profusely before.  We offered for him to join us but sadly he HAD to decline...
        The next day, hungover as hell, most of us went for a hike in the woods to go swimming.  Nothing says manliness like racing through the forrest in minivans, hiking on dirt paths, topped off with jumping into mountain run off water in your clothes.  When we returned home to the rental house, the others had awoke and cleaned...Wierd I know.  So we ate sandwiches, drank and began to discuss the plans for the evening.  Around 7 or so we all showered, got dressed and plan our attack.  Stay tuned for night # 2...Remember...Gunz Don't Kill People...d

1 comment:

JonClark said...

Tommy! I just got internet installed! I'm so happy to read your blog and glad that you follow mine. I'm waiting to read the rest of the party...